General research topics of the lab
- Nuclear organization
- Intracellular transport between the nucleus and the cytoplasm
- Nuclear pore structure and function
- mRNA transport and degradation
Some of the questions we’d love to answer
(Click on the links to see some relevant papers)
• How does the nuclear pore complex function and assemble?
• How is mRNA directionally transported across the nuclear pore complex?
• How does the regulation of mRNA degradation contribute to the regulation of gene expression?
• How does the three-dimensional organization of the genome affect gene expression?
• What are the roles of the GTPase Ran in interphase and mitosis?
Some of the techniques and methods we apply to solve these problems
- Yeast genetics and cell biology
- In vitro biochemistry
- Systematic high-throughput approaches
- Mammalian tissue culture
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Structural biology
- Single-molecule imaging
- In addition, we always seek to develop novel techniques and innovative approaches to answer the intriguing questions listed above…